Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Sep 17, 2008

A Bi Gezunt

------------------------------------------------referral post---------------------------------------

I grew up reading the Jewish Press every Shabbos. My mother would always pick it up in the bookstore on Friday, and it became a staple in our house.

As kids, the two main parts I would read, because they have no sports section, was the Abi Gezunt page in the back (I think the authors name was Arnold Fine) which I always found fascinating, and his jokes in the corner corny, and the comics - mostly the strip of the Golem, and the Elders of Chelm.

The Jewish Press is having a subscription campaign right now. They have special deals (NOTE: these offers are for readers in the US only - sorry) right now for new subscribers. They are even offering a free machzor from Rav Soloveitchik thrown in with your subscription!

Check out their website to see the offers (again - US potential subscribers only) and to register your subscription. the offer ends very soon, I am told,, so take advantage of it right away!

-----------------------------------------------end of referral----------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. I miss the Jewish Press too. Grew up with it as well and still miss it. And I'd LOVE a Soloveitchik Machzor.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...