Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Sep 4, 2008

latest pashkevil in RBS

A number of people have asked me how I come up with material for the blog. I must say that there are times where I have to really look for something I consider interesting enough to be blog-worthy. I try to avoid the standard news stuff, and sometimes I really have to work hard to find good material.
Then there are other times were things just fall into my lap. Like today. I went to the makolet in the morning to buy some bread and milk, and sure enough there were pashkevils thrown all over the street. I had just passed by there a short while before and the streets were still clean, so I guess it was divinely ordained for me to decide to go to the makolet (actually my wife asked me to, but maybe God put it in her head to ask) just so I would see the pashkevil.

I scanned it in and present it to you here. I don't know how they come up with this stuff. But I do want to know how I will be able to get a copy of the movie they say he is producing....


I might add that this guy seems to upset a number of people who keep finding ways to attack him and make crazy accusations...

11 comments:

  1. Yep, I saw them this morning, too.

    Then again, with his history of articles in a particular paper, I find it hard to have sympathy for him when he's bashed by others....

    ReplyDelete
  2. what does it mean? please translate

    ReplyDelete
  3. a loose translation is that it says a number of media people were seen by the separate beach in Tel Aviv being led by the brazen Betzel Kahn, who are looking to give a bad name to the Haredi women and their behavior.
    All this they are planning to distribute in a disgusting movie that includes disgusting photos that were photographed on the beach.

    How much can we stand destructive people moving around among us?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for translating. who is betzalel lahn??

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is a Haredi guy who lives in the neighborhood. he used to write for the Yated (according to Mike Miller above, his articles were not very tolerant of many people, though I read his articles even less frequently than I read the Yated, meaning I don't think I ever read his articles).
    He left the Yated a little while back.
    he also worked as a media director for the City of Beitar.
    As far as I know he now has opened a business of his own as a Haredi media consultant, or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What year was this written? Erev Rosh Chodesh Elul was Shabbos kodesh, not Yom Chamishi this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. when Rosh Chodesh falls out on Sunday, we often see Thursday being related to as erev Rosh Chodosh (for yom kippur koton tefillos, for example)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know we say Yom Kippur katan on Thursday, but we don't date shtarot that way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. See also in Giva'at Shaul.

    What exactly is he producing?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...