Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Nov 24, 2008

the Yiddishe Mamme

I had to go to the post office to take care of a couple things, including paying a bill.

I told the clerk what I needed to do. She thought for a minute, and then said why do that? If you do it like this...(and she goes on to describe a slightly different process), you will save 3 Shekels!

Unfortunately I could not do what she suggested, as I did not have what I needed to do it with me. When I told her that, she said ok, go get it and come back. I laughed and said just to do it for the extra 3 shekels, as today is the last day I could do this specific transaction without a penalty, and could not do the alternative method until tomorrow...

Unsolicited advice how to save a couple of shekels... only from a Yiddishe Mamme...

4 comments:

  1. not that i'm one talk, but had you not waited for the last minute you could have saved 3 shekel

    ReplyDelete
  2. very true, nut that will never convince a true procrastinator to change his ways...

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's like the time my mother was staying at the Inbal in J-m (for my wedding I believe). She called down to say she needed an item of clothing pressed. The operator literally yelled at her "But it's so expensive! Why would you want to do that?"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...