Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Mar 8, 2011

Joke Of The Day

A Jew lived next door to John , a Christian, whose house was broken into at least once a week. One day John asks his neighbor: Tell me Moshe : what is this thing you have on your door frame, is this an
alarm system?

No my friend, this is called a MEZUZA, It is part of Jewish law and it is actually a prayer for the well being of the occupants of the house, Inside this little box there is a little paper with some prayers for the
safety of the house.

And tell me Moshe, do you think you could put one of these, MEZUZA on the entrance to my house. It seems to work for you as the thieves do not go into your house.

Listen John : the Mezuzah is for Jewish homes.

John says : Are we not all children of the God, We also have been friends for a long time...

OK say Moshe, because of our old friendship I will put up the Mezuzah in your house.

A couple of months later, John knocks on Moshe's door and says: Please forgive me but I am returning the Mezuzah to you.

What happened ask Moshe, your house is still being broken into.?

No, says John, the thieves stopped coming , but since you put up the Mezuzah, every 15 minutes the doorbell rings and people ask for donations: KEREN KAYEMET, SYNAGOGUE , MAKBIT, JEWISH SCHOOL, POOR PEOPLE, etc etc

I made a calculation that the donations cost me much more than what the thieves took.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...