Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Aug 30, 2016

more [perhaps final] observations in the USA (Chicago day whatever)

more [perhaps final] observations in the USA (Chicago):
* Americans need signs to tell them what the other signs mean. In addition to just needing a lot of signs to explain every minor thing. I saw signs that had arrows pointing to the crosswalk with an explanation that if there is a pedestrian in the crossing the driver must stop. I saw signs letting people know of the presence of red light cameras. I saw signs letting people know they must stop at the stop sign because traffic from the other direction does not have a stop sign. Among others. I am told that at least some of these are to avoid lawsuits - lawsuits that were successful in the past.
* rain in the summer
* rain that is spontaneous. on a beautiful day it can suddenly rain for a while. then get beautiful again.
* personal space. if someone comes within 3 feet of you they say "excuse me", or "sorry".


------------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------

3 comments:

  1. Oh I miss personal space. I miss it sooooo much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. +1. I seem to have gotten used to people getting closer, but it still really bothers me when that is less than 50 cm.

      Delete
  2. in the post I should have written the word "exaggerated" as a descriptive of the personal space. It is nice to have personal space, but, at least in Chicago, they give you a ton of it...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...