Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Apr 27, 2017

clarification on Motzei Shabbos Lag bOmer postings

clarification:

I think I have not been clear as to my intentions regarding the Lag bOmer on Saturday night posts. This is based on a few comments on previous posts that indicate to me that something was not clear. Perhaps it was not even clear to me.

I see two directions the discussion can go:
1. the Haredim should not be holding such celebrations on Saturday night because of the chilul shabbos it causes. The celebrations should be postponed until a later time that will not cause, or at least minimize, the chilul shabbos.
2. I don't care what the Haredim do. Let them celebrate when they want. They want to celebrate on Saturday night even though it will cause chilul shabbos - go ahead and party. Just stop telling the rest of the country how Shabbos is so important and that they can't do what they want on it.

I am more in tune with option #2 - let them do what they want, just stop telling everyone else what they can and cannot do. Though I do admit that if #1 happens I would be satisfied as well. I am not sure which of the two options is more or less likely to happen.


------------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. While your options are perfectly rational and sane, they do not reflect how Charedim in Israel think. The only question that has to be satisfied is as follows: does it benefit Charedim? A store being open, or buses running, does not benefit Charedim, so they are opposed. Hundreds of security personnel setting up for a wild party in Meron benefits Charedim, so they are pro. Their stance will never change because their comfort is their overriding concern.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...