Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Nov 30, 2017

Facebook Status of the Day

the following post on Facebook, by CityPass, the company running the Jerusalem Light Rail, is boring on its own. What makes it deserving of FSotD is really in the comments of the post, and I am posting the screen shot of the relevant comments after the post..



and the winning comment thread..


Yedidya Hasson comments on the benign post asking why they give out crazy fines even to people with monthly passes if they forgot to swipe the card... to which CityPass responded that according to the law and directives of the Ministry of Transportation every passenger must swipe their rav kav pass, even if the passenger has a monthly pass, and anyone who does not swipe is liable to be fined. CityPass then adds to the comment saying if the laws of the country are not enough to justify it, perhaps you would be interested in knowing that the Rashba (one of the Rishonim) says in Bava Basra that the city residents are allowed to impose a fine on someone who transgresses a communal decree. Safe Travels!

CityPass quoting the Rashba to end a payment dispute!



------------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------

5 comments:

  1. A lot of people have been getting angry about this, but the charedim have for some reason been making a lot of noise. (I will not offer any comment on why.) It's smart for them to have this response...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nachum, go ahead and comment please. All your comments are anti-charedi. Why not another one? You are so filled with guilt and hatred.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't feel guilty about a single thing, cupcake. You see, I follow an authentic form of Judaism. Charedim don't. What reason would I have to feel guilty?

      Of course, I know that the very existence of people who feel that way fills you with enormous rage. The truth hurts.

      I don't hate charedim. I hate people who don't pay their fair way in society, and the culture that inculcates such things. I had a long walk home last week because I had just under a full fare on my Rav Kav and couldn't refill it. And yet there are people from certain sectors of society who wouldn't have bothered.

      Delete
  3. No are obsesses and hate charedim because they give you a guilt trip. They are certainly aren't perfect but you know they are the real deal and you feel guilty because you play around on this site and what not.

    In terms of paying there way, I have no idea what you are talking about. Nearly every single chareidi family works and pays taxes. It is impossible to live in this country and not at least pay VAT on nearly every item. You are just living a myth based on hatred.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are hilarious! Why would I feel guilty for "playing around" here when I'm not a charedi? Of all people, you, the charedi, living your imitation Orthodox life, should feel guilty being here, while I, not in thrall to the same cult you are, have no problem with it whatsoever.

    I know the facts are really hard for you to grasp, so I won't repeat them. "Real deal" indeed. The way Moshe Rabbenu wore a black hat, huh?

    I wasn't talking about taxes. I was talking about paying for the light rail. I see charedi kids not paying all the time. Go give them mussar, not me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...